Sunday, August 27, 2006

to blog or not to blog

I've just read Max's blog for Saturday 19 August,
about what's happened to Zoe Margolis, author of
The Girl With a One-Track Mind (blog). I thought
she was very brave to tell people about her
personal life in her blog - it's not something
I would wish to go into detail about - so I do
admire her for that.

She went on to publish a book about her life, but
then discovered that a national newspaper had
serialised her book in its pages, and then worse still,
someone outed her. She had to tell all her family
and friends what had happened, and unfortunately
she's lost her job in the film industry.

I do think she's been somewhat naive to think she
could avoid the glare of media publicity, and the
embarassment of all her family, friends and work
colleagues knowing intimate details about her. None
of us would want to go through the hell she's going
through.

I've also just read the last blog of Le Chat, and feel
sad that she's left the blogging community. She is a
brilliant writer, and I will miss her. She called
her last blog, "Escape from Blogatraz" - escape from
blogland she felt imprisoned in, which is really sad.

I get a buzz out of blogging along, reading other
people's blogs, and contacting other bloggers. If I
stopped having fun, I'd quit. So that's it, in a
nutshell.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tjilpi said...

I've gone the other way. I even publish my street address and phone number on my blog. I can't be outed.

6:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home