Monday, August 28, 2006

A bit of this and a bit of that

Mrs C and I went to the Broadway Cinema yesterday to
see Pedro Almodovar's latest film, "Volver", which at
one level is a ghost story, but on another, it's more
a story about women within a family and their
neighbourhood, and how they support one another.
Superbly filmed and acted, with Penelope Cruz in the
lead role. She looked stunning.
The Guardian film critic, Peter Bradshaw gave it a
five star rating - I give it four. Well worth seeing,
I reckon.
We went for a brisk walk round Nottingham's Arboretum
this morning, in lovely cool sunshine. The park looked
very pretty and was fairly quiet. There were only a few
people around (and that was at 11 am) - perhaps most folk
were at home reading the papers or were away for the
Bank Holiday.
I spent the rest of today, catching up on some videos -
Murphy's Law was one of them - a good yarn, well acted and
filmed (I do like the actor, James Nesbitt). Part Two was
on this evening, and for me the plot lost its credibility.
However, I'll be watching Part Three tomorrow night to
see how it turns out. Apart from a bit of cooking and
washing up, I spent the rest of the day, finishing off
my second Photoshop talk & demo, which I'll be giving in
about 10 days' time.
I've been having a go at photoshopping one of my
favourite flower photos, using a bit of this and a bit
of that. Here's the end result ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home