Tuesday, July 25, 2006

it's a hard life being retired

Another hard day ahead (not). First of all, I've
got to bag up a massive amount of greenery that
I trimmed off the shrubs yesterday. Next, I'll
catch a couple of buses to take me across town to
drop in on my pals at my old workplace (the student
health centre set in the beautiful green campus of
the University). I usually time my visits for their
coffee break (abt 11am), and then I'll travel
onwards to Beeston shopping centre, to meet up with
a friend for coffee at The Bean - lovely Italian-
style coffee there. The Bean is near Sainsbury's.
We usually meet up every 4-6 weeks for a gossip.

Mrs C will be out at work, by the time I get back
in the afternoon, so I'll have the house to myself
until her return at 9pm, by which time I will have
cooked a meal (trout fillets with veg and a parsley
garnish, followed by honeydew melon, and glass of
chilled white wine), surfed the internet for a while,
sorted out a box or two more of clutter, looked
through a few digital photos, and have done a little
paperwork. After the meal, we'll settle down to watch
a little TV or have a chat.
Oh, it's a hard life, being retired.

To finish on, I'll post one of my photos from
yesterday. I took several shots of this view, with
differing aperture settings - this is the pick of
the bunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home