Saturday, July 08, 2006

Good news for Tesco

Well, sort of good news, in that I’ve just put in
a huge online order at Tesco's, for the first
time in about 5 years. It took about 20 minutes or
so to re-register - I’d forgotten my password, and
when I did retrieve it, there’s no way I would
have remembered it. We’ve moved house since my last
Tesco shop.

I used to help out my late mother with a monthly
online Tesco shop for her. She lived in Leeds and we
used to arrange for the delivery to arrive shortly
after we arrived ourselves for a weekend visit. Even
though it took me about 50 minutes each time to do
the online shop for her (she’d order hard-to-find
items and would change the quantities of her
favourites each time), it was loads quicker than
taking her to her nearest Tesco on Roundhay Road.
My mum was almost as short-sighted as me, but refused
to wear her specs when out food shopping in Tesco, so
it took her ages to find anything. She used to wander
around the store like Mr Magoo, while Mrs C and I
did the bulk of her shopping.

Something that might interest you is that Tesco have
got a special offer on some Australian red and white
wine – online it’s at half price at about £3.50 a
bottle, and recommended by Jane MacQuitty of The
Times last week. It’s Calloways Crossing Cabernet
Shiraz and the Chardonnay. We’ve tried a bottle of
each already, and I rate the Chardonnay as being top
quality (worth £7-8 a bottle) and the Cab Shiraz on
par with Jacob’s Creek. However, Mrs C thinks the red
wine is the bees-knees. The offer closes on 18 July.

I found the Tesco site a lot easier to navigate around.
Our having Broadband helps enormously. The NTL dial-up
internet service we had 5 years ago wasn’t very good for
online shopping or banking – it used to disconnect itself
after a short while – bloody annoying in fact.

Well, it’s nearly time for coffee, after which Mrs C and
I will be emptying our loft, in readiness for an
electrician to put some lighting in. A joiner is coming
round too, to give us estimates to put more insulation
down, to “floor-board” the loft, and to put in a folding
ladder for us.

3 Comments:

Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

I've been buying Callows Crossing for weeks now but at the store and not online. It's half price there but slightly more expensive than buying it online.

I answered your question about posting pics on my blog. If you want more details, email me at ct_man@hotmail.com

12:35 pm  
Blogger steve said...

we don't like shopping either of us,shopping for anything really, unless it's plants or I am going for new canvas to paint on.
when we do go it's like a race lets just do it we say get just the nessesary and we are gone.

I did our loft last year in the summer first we had it re-insulated, it's now about a foot thick, I had already the loft folding ladders,then I went to B&Q
and got some loft floor boarding,
I think I did it on the hottest day of the year because when I came down it looked like someone had just thrown a bucket of water on me.
but it's done and what a difference

3:18 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks for your comments, lads.
I'm going to have a play with the HTML code with view to tabulating photos, when I've got some more spare time.
It's a good job it was cooler yesterday when we emptied the loft, as the heat up there has been like a hot oven.

9:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home