Friday, June 30, 2006

what are you up to this weekend?

We're having glorious sunny weather here at the
moment, just how I like it, not too hot and
occasional cloud to give a bit of shade from time
to time. It got too hot mid-afternoon, in my top
floor study... it was 27 deg C even with the
window open, so I didn't spend much time on the
computer.
In fact I walked into town twice yesterday, which
is unusual for me. I went to a computer club, which
sounds rather dull, but there was a good
presentation all about some of the more
interesting things to do with Word, for example,
creating a newsletter with columns and text boxes.
The guy running it was so enthusiastic (as were
his audience, that his demo and discussion
over-ran by 90 minutes.
I returned home at lunchtime, to be there for
when Dave the electrician came round about putting
up lighting up in the loft. We're going to have
he loft area "floor-boarded" soon, so we can
store more stuff up there, as you do. I won't
bore you with the rest of what I did yesterday.

Mrs C and I are driving down to London today,
to spend the weekend with our daughter, L, who
lives in South Wimbledon. This is some distance
away from "Wimbledon", so I'm hoping the
traffic is not to bad. Her partner is coming
back from Singapore, this weekend to spend
the coming week with her - he's a high-flying
senior salesperson with a computer software
company, so we're looking forward to seeing them
both.
So, what are you up to this weekend?

2 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

well I will be painting your picture

8:12 am  
Blogger justin said...

I'll be interested to see the results, Steve ... perhaps you could take some photos of your work in progress, as Andrea does with her paintings?

8:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home