Thursday, June 22, 2006

Spring colours and Baby M

I spent most of yesterday morning in town, doing
bits and bobs, mainly food shopping. I bought myself
a new navy blue shirt from M & S as all my blue
shirts are getting badly frayed (and should be lobbed).
Yes, I have to admit I'm a boring M & S man when it
comes to buying clothes, though I have bought some
nice stuff from John Lewis, including my favourite
pair of trousers - a pale green-slate grey pair of
chinos. I go for the smart casual look, and tend to
avoid wearing shorts/short sleeves so as to disguise
my thinness.
A good many years ago, I had my "colours" done by Ann
Martin in Nottingham - and discovered that I'm a
"Spring" in terms of what colours look good next to
my skin. For many years before that, I'd been wearing
colours that didn't suit me at all .... winter colours
such as pure white and black, and autumn colours - like
the autumn leaf colours, that all made me look ill. I
look a lot better in the warmer Spring colours, such as
cream and warm pinky reds, but oddly enough navy blue,
which looks really classy. I've got a lovely navy blue
suit, which I look great in. Unfortunately Mrs C now
dislikes it, so I rarely wear it.

I enjoyed doing a bit of baby-sitting yesterday
afternoon - I looked after my great nephew, Baby M,
for the best part of an hour, and later on I took
lots of photos of him. He's now 10 weeks old and
looks gorgeous - his skin is much improved (far less
spotty), and he's now smiling and laughing.
Here's one of my photos of him...

4 Comments:

Blogger andrea said...

He's perfect.

2:15 pm  
Blogger steve said...

beautifull child

6:41 pm  
Blogger kissme said...

What a lovley baby. My sister's expecting and I'm dead excited.

Although 14 years down the line.......

8:49 am  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks, everyone.
Yes, I think he's gorgeous, but I'm glad I haven't got him 24 hours a day - a lot of hard work, as he sleeps very little.

4:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home