Friday, June 02, 2006

having fun today

What a glorious warm sunny day! One of those
days when it feels great to be alive, or to
rephrase that.. I felt great to be alive today.

In the morning I walked over to the other side
of town (Lenton), to meet up with a couple of
friends for a jam session - playing electric
guitar, and singing along to a few Bob Dylan
numbers, and more recent stuff. I have to admit
that I can't play as well as my friends, but
they seem to put up with my poorer playing. I
was never a big fan of Dylan apart from liking
a few classics like "Blowing in the Wind" and
"Tamborine Man", but my chums know a lot of his
repetoire. They've introduced me to a fab song,
"If you see her say Hello", which I'm singing in
my head right now .... it's my favourite.

Later on we went to a pub nearby, for soup and
a pint of Timothy Taylor's "Landord" bitter -
excellent stuff. We spent an hour or two there,
just chatting. All this followed by a bit of
food shopping in town (Tesco), a walk home, and
pottering around until about 10pm, when Mrs C
and I watched the final part of TV drama, "A Line
of Beauty", where the main (gay) character's life
is turned upside down by a series of events - AIDs
and homophobia in the 80s. We thought it was an
excellent production.

We're off to Cromer tomorrow for a week's holiday,
so I'll "talk" to you soon. Tatty-bye. :)

PS.. the Blogger clock is not very accurate. I
posted this at 00.30hrs on June 3rd, and I set
the Blogger time for the UK's GMT, some time ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home