Monday, June 19, 2006

For I bring you good news

Yes, it's a baby. Our daughter L. phoned us this
morning to say that the scan showed just one tiny
baby (not two, thank God). She told us yesterday
that it's about the size of a baked bean, and that
the heart (seen beating today) is the size of a
poppy seed. Funny to think of all of us being as
small as a baked bean at some time ... not far off
60 years ago for me!

As regards the lovely bunch of white roses that
Mrs C and L bought for me on Saturday (for Father's
Day), I've taken several photos of the roses, and
I'm posting the pick of the bunch. Not a perfect
photo in my mind, but they do look lovely.

I think it odd that the aristos who started the War
of the Roses picked a red and a white rose as their
emblems for the years of death and destruction they
embarked on .... all those feelings of envy/greed/
anger/hatred/revenge by power-crazy individuals...
just like modern times.

Whose side did they think God was on, I wonder? I
imagine God was on neither side, that is if God did
truly say to Moses, "Thou shalt not kill".

If Moses or for that matter Jesus were alive at
present, would they be carted off to hospital and
sectioned under the Mental Health Act? Or perhaps if
the duty psychiatrist thought they were only mildy
delusional and of no harm to themselves or others,
they might be put on a mild dose of an anti-psychotic
drug and asked to come along to Outpatients for review?

Sorry but I'm starting to ramble myself (or some
might say blaspheming).

2 Comments:

Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Congratulations on the germinating baked bean. Lots of exciting times lie ahead.

2:08 pm  
Blogger justin said...

RN and B: thanks to you both. It's great being able to borrow a baby for a while

8:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home