Sunday, June 18, 2006

family get-together

Our daughter L. from London is staying with us this
weekend, so when we're not chatting, I've been
doing bits of veg preparation, washing up (which
was silly of me as we've got a dishwasher used for
when there are more than 2 of us), and spending time
on the computer.
R., one of our Nottm-based daughters joined us
yesterday afternoon, and as both the girls are
pregnant, there was a lot of talk about pregnancy
and baby things. Later on, Mrs C's mum joined us for
our early evening meal - delicious lentil rissoles
and mint sauce (made by Mrs C) and piles of green
veg, carrots and new potatoes steamed by me. Oh yes,
I've just remembered, we treated ourselves to some
strawberries and cream in the afternoon too.

Mrs C and L went shopping for the fruit and brought
back some white roses and a type of lily for Father's
Day (pour moi). I've yet to unwrap a pressie from R
(it looks like a bottle of wine), and I've already
sampled some beer bought by E, our eldest daughter.

Here's a lily photo I took a couple of days ago...

2 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

I thought I was seeing things did you say it was over exposed I think it looks just right Justin,
I will get a canvas soon Justin and have a go at your pic thank you

6:18 am  
Blogger justin said...

I've just amended my post, Steve - on second thoughts I thought it looked OK. Must be odd to see the writing change in front of your eyes! It's there one minute and gone the next.

6:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home