Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Broadband & how do you clean your specs?

This is my last bit of news about the Broadband
service with Carphone Warehouse. I phoned up CW this
morning (the number is 0800 049 1005, by the way),
and had a chat with one of their salesmen. He said
I would have to have to be a current customer of BT
(British Telecom). He suggested I sign up to BT
Option One for the short term ... I found out later
that this had an 18 month minimum contract. There is
a phone-only service similar to NTL’s, for £11.50 a
month, but I couldn’t see online what the minimum
length of contract was.
He also said that I would need a more modern computer
than the one I’m using, to run the CW software. Mine
is pre-Pentium. I told him that this machine was OK
for running NTL Broadband, but he said again that I’d
need a modern Pentium one. Our existing wireless
router is OK (he wasn’t bothered about which type it
was, or that our router used Ethernet cables).
I don’t intend buying a new machine just yet. Hopefully
a price war will develop between the main ISP providers,
and BB prices will come down.

How do you clean your specs?
Well, I asked my optician recently how he cleaned up
clients’ spectacles. He said he used a bit of Fairy
Liquid with some running water, and then dried them
with a clean tea-towel. I now keep my specs much
cleaner than before. I knew someone in the past,
whose specs were constantly filthy – his lenses were
greasy and cloudy. I often wondered how much he saw
through them.

2 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

when I got my first puter they said 3 gigabytes was too much I would never fill it, now there are games bigger than that.
I think you may have to put your hand in your pocket and upgrade.
we now have 80 gig a huge processer and massive vidio card middle(genious) son did it don't ask
I have your canvas and will be doing it soon it will be 16" x 12" when done

8:12 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Wow, Steve, you've got a big one.
(Please excuse my lewd sense of humour. :)

5:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home