Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The (allegedly) broken laptop

Some of you may not have heard the story about
a student (Amir) who allegedly sold a broken
laptop on eBay, and how the buyer got his
revenge, by publishing on Blogger a lot of
stuff that Amir had left on the hard drive.

I read this story in The Independent about
ten days ago, and did a Google search to find
out more this morning.

Here's the links (May and June) to the Blogger
site that's had over 3 million hits so far. I
gather that the buyer had used Amir's email
list to publicise the website, and so news of
all this spread like wildfire. I also found this
forum, in which people voice their opinions
about the rights and wrongs of the actions of
the seller and buyer, and about who owns the
copyright of the indecent photos.
It seems that the laptop wasn't broken, but
that Amir had misrepresented its specifications
(allegedly).
Half-way down the May Blogger page are some
interesting quotes from Amir's CV, saying what
an honest guy he is, and how repectful he is
towards women. Amir maintains that he is the
victim here, and that all the photos, etc, are
a complete fabrication on the buyer's part.
Who is telling the truth?

To return to my Cromer photos, I took the next
one with my wife's camera (hand-held), looking
down from the lighthouse towards Cromer. I took
this photo later in the week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

I came across to a link to his blog via James's blog a few weeks ago and found it hilarious.

2:42 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Hi RN,
I liked the link you created here, but I think it might be the wrong one. I think the best joke is the one about the priests.

10:47 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Oops, I did give you the wrong link, sorry. I enjoyed that article, however.

James's blog is here

11:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home