Monday, May 08, 2006

A trip to the dentist

I was about to set off to see my dentist this
morning for my annual check-up, when the car
wouldn't start.... the battery was flat! I
phoned the receptionist straightaway to ask
if I would be seen if I turned up 15 minutes
late. "No way", was the reply - my dentist is
a strict time-keeper.
I got out my old bicycle, but the tyre pump
wouldn't work... it wasn't my day today. However
when I called a local taxi firm, the taxi came
fairly quickly and took me to the dentist's in
6 minutes, just in time. Needless to say I had
to wait 15 minutes to be seen, as the dentist
had taken in someone who'd arrived early. I'm
beginning to sound like Victor Meldrew!
Yesterday I noticed a tiny chip in my right
lower canine tooth (chipped when I chomped on
a boiled sweet rather stupidly). My dentist
confirmed the damage and said that a filling
very close by was crumbling, and that it should
be replaced. I paid £15.50 in advance for the
check-up, but was told that the bill would rise
to £42.40 for the additional work required.
These are the new NHS rates, but a lot cheaper
than private rates of course.
I decided to walk home (along Porchester Road,
Woodborough Road and down through Mapperley Park),
which took me 45 minutes .... a pleasant stroll.
The rain set in later in the day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh! a little Manic Monday
hope the rest of your day
was like Sunday.

7:05 am  
Blogger whatalotoffun said...

dont worry yesterday was not my day either. for the dentist I need to make an appointment to. I just hate them dont mind the work they do in my mouth its just that I have a very small mouth so by the end of the appoitment my sides by mouth is torn in.

7:47 am  
Blogger justin said...

Yes, fortunately, I don't get very stressed these days ... my most stressful times are getting to an airport on time, and all the checking in process. We flew from Stanstead a year or so ago... it was too busy and too stressful, despite getting there before the check-in opened.

5:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home