Monday, May 22, 2006

mini baby boom

Not a lot happening today, apart from the "D-Day
Landing"/implantation of the embryos into our
daughter, L.. As RN said in the other day's
comments box, there is a small baby boom
happening in our family (and extended family)
at the moment. So we are all feeling very
excited.
I've spent the past day or two working on another
website, which I'm re-creating. It's challenging
stuff and fun at the same time. I've had a lot of
fun tinkering with this one, and have learned a
little HTML along the way.
This morning I spotted these lovely flowers on
our dining room window-ledge, and photographed
them. They are a variety of Busy Lizzie, which
Mrs C has propagated and looked after in the past
year or two.

3 Comments:

Blogger andrea said...

New babies and new websites! Exciting. I think the propagating machine in this family is grinding to a halt. In spite of each of us having two brothers, my sons haven't a single first cousin! Maybe you could drop them a hint? :) I want a niece! If L's implantation is a success and it's a girl, can I have her as a surrogate niece? :)

10:06 pm  
Blogger Tjilpi said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog site Justin. No retirement for me I'm afraid. Easy come - easy go. Didn't wake up until it was too late. One day they'll wheel me into the surgery so that I can keep consulting and earning a quid.

Typepad suits me, though it costs $US. I have set up a couple of blogger sites. Can't quite put my finger on the advantages of Typepad but it's pretty easy to set up and get going, and I think it has a better feel about it; but I have seen some pretty amazing blogger sites, which must have required a lot of work or time or inside knowledge to get looking pretty.

I spent a couple of happy years at the Horton General in Banbury doing a year of anaesthetics, 6 months O&G and 6 months General Med.

I did my internship here in Alice Springs in 1979 and so had to go somewhere else for further training. Started with some locums in Brighton before the Horton General gave me a home for 2 years.

I never used my DRCOG much, but my DA kept me busy here for a number of years. These days I simply fly gliders and the desk I am typing this from!!

All the best on the obstetric front.

Greg

3:43 am  
Blogger justin said...

Andrea and Greg: good to hear from you both.
Andrea: I don't know about blog surrogacy - I'll have to think about that. I'll let everyone know in blogland how things turn out.
Greg: I'm amazed by the service offered by GPs out in Australia, where they have to cover huge amounts of territory - I presume you are in that situation.

7:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home