Thursday, May 25, 2006

I'm a blogslut

Yes, I own up. I'm a blogslut. I like looking
at other folks' blogs... and I enjoy adding
comments on their blogs and vice versa. That's
what makes blogging more interesting than
writing a diary, n'est-ce pas?

Well I did a spot of blogslutting the other day,
and came across Greg's, who writes about life
in Australia. Last month he wrote a very funny
post: "I blog, therefore I am". (Hope you don't
mind my quoting this one, Greg).

Yes, in an odd way, I feel that to be very true.
Blogging is a kind of extension of my own
personality, and helps me reach out to contact
other people .... something that I enjoy doing.

Looking back at my childhood, I was very
introverted and shy ... basically socially inept.
As I've said before, I think, I still have
difficulty getting a conversation going with
complete strangers, but once I get going I can
chat on for ages. On the introversion-extroversion
scale, I now feel I'm midway. I could happily
spend all day on this computer, doing various
things, but after a while I feel like a change,
and feel an urge to get out and meet other people.

I'll stop there as midnight is approaching.
I'll post one of my rhododendron photos, which
I took last year at Lea Gardens in Derbyshire
(not far from Chatsworth).

6 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

you are so lucky stopping up till midnight I can only do that at Xmas time when I get a good break from work normaly in bed at 10.00

3:16 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Yes, Steve, I am. I can normally get by with 6 or 7 hours' sleep at night. I used to get up very early, around 6 or 6.30 when I was working, but then I'd go to bed much earlier. These days I tend to have a nap in the middle of an evening TV programme, especially if I'm feeling bored with it, or if I have more than 1 unit of alcohol ... an ageing thing, i reckon.
I notice that Zoe does a lot of her blogging early morning, which is a good idea for easier access to the internet. I might start doing the same.

9:49 pm  
Blogger justin said...

PS ... I like your new photo, Steve

9:50 pm  
Blogger Tjilpi said...

Thanks for the mention Justin. To answer your question about covering wide areas - I was a District Medical Officer for 5 years. That was RFDS [Flying Doctor] work but it also involved long distance drives to remote communities in 4WDs. I did full time anaesthetics for two years and ran the Emergency Department here for 6 years. I've now spent about 8 years doing office type GP work - which is what I do now. As I said, I fly gliders and a desk! No house calls, no real after hours work. It's a bit cushy really - but it still makes me tired enough to fall asleep in front of the telly with a half empty glass of white wine sitting on the coffee table!

2:07 am  
Blogger Tjilpi said...

Justin, I've just discovered that the link you have made to my site will take people to my post on "A Conversion."

If you want them to see the "I blog therefore I am" post you need to link to the URL from "Permalink" located at the bottom of that particular post.

4:08 am  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks for pointing out the permalink, Tjilpi.

7:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home