Friday, May 05, 2006

A few flowers

Well, I thought I'd put up a few more photos
from our Mallorca trip. The first two were
taken in Cala d'Or, and the last one is a
view of a garden, close to the cathedral in
Palma.
As regards the rambling succulent with mauve
flowers, I don't know what its name is ...
it looks like a Livingstone Daisy. If the
climate in the UK were to become more like a
Mediterranean one, as some people predict, then
I look forward to growing plants like this, and
seeing orange and lemon trees around too.
The other daisy like flowers are Osteospermums,
which grow here also.
It's been sunny and hot here in the East
Midlands, the last three days, with a gorgeous
slightly sweet smell of flowers in the air ...
the smell is probably from fields of oil seed
rape being grown a few miles away from here.


3 Comments:

Blogger andrea said...

I've been enjoying your holiday snaps, Justin, but only when I can visit and not feel too jenvious... :)

11:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an abundance of color!!
Those daisies are always an
eye catcher in every garden.
Yes, you,ve "infected" me
with holiday fever as well.
Lovely pictures, as always.

4:52 am  
Blogger steve said...

what I like is that those place always seem much cleaner and brighter than they here in the UK
when we have ever been abroad you always seem to see people out with brushes cleaning and they seem very proud of THEIR place.

Make me want to go away too.

4:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home