Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Thanks for your comments

My thanks to everyone who commented on the
question I posed in Monday's blog. I will
widen the question to ask you what would you
most like to do, or most like to have, that
would make a big difference to the quality of
your life at present?

I've posted a photo of Highfields Lake, which
is next to Nottingham University campus. The
Trent Building, where the VC and his entourage
hang out, is on the skyline. The land was
formerly owned by Jesse Boot (of Boots The
Chemist), who donated it to the University. He
adopted the title of Lord Trent, when he was
enobled.

I took the photo when Mrs C and I went to the
theatre at the Lakeside Arts Centre last week,
to see "Krapp's Last Tape", which was an
excellent production. I saw it last on the TV
a few decades ago, and it was good to see it
again. Kenneth Alan Taylor gave a brilliant
performance of an old man looking back at the
wasted years of his life.

5 Comments:

Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Looks like a beautiful spot - I've never been there.

9:42 am  
Blogger whatalotoffun said...

It looks so nice there.

1:40 pm  
Blogger steve said...

ok I would like to work less therefore have more time it work out just the same

4:00 pm  
Blogger justin said...

The lakeside looks even better when the rhododendrons flower in May. The Djanogly Art Gallery opens from 2-4pm on Sundays, when they're showing an exhibition, so Mrs C and I usually do a walkabout, and have a cup of tea in one of the cafes there.

7:11 pm  
Blogger Barbara said...

What would make the most difference right now is to not have to work so many hours, then I would have time to help others, to be a more relaxed person so that I can make a difference to the world.

10:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home