Thursday, April 20, 2006

More friends

Well, what one thing would I like, which would
improve my life?

My first brief thought was to have more money
– but then I dismissed that idea as I’ve got
just about enough. Still winning a million
pounds on the Premium Bonds would be very nice.

Nope – I decided very quickly that a lot more
money wasn’t what I really wanted. What I
would really like is to have more friends ....
people I could talk with and confide in, and
have fun with.

I have achieved this to some extent with
getting out the house more, and meeting new
people through my local branch of the U3A – a
very friendly bunch of people, who are keen to
learn something new and share what they know,
and at the same time have some fun. There are
a few with whom I think I could develop a
deeper friendship, but I tend to be cautious
about who I would confide in, and tend to keep
my distance, in that I don’t wish to “smother”
them (with talking excessively or being around
them too much) or to appear patronising.

Over the years I’ve found that some friendships
don’t last very long – about 5-10 years at the
most – mainly due to relocation or boredom with
each other. I’ve lowered my expectations about
how long a friendship is likely to last, as I’ve
felt disappointed and hurt at times in the past,
when the someone I’ve grown to like, just
stopped keeping in touch or rejected me.

Mrs C and I are flying to Majorca (Cala d’Or)
this Saturday for a week, so I’ll be back to
blogging on 30 April.
Talk to you soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy Majorca, am looking forward to you pictures from there. Hope you have enough memory cards for the week? I followed your flickr link bottom right, to you album. Have it bookmarked in me Flickr-albums-to-view folder. Regards from New Zealand.

2:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Justin, AMEN, to your
answer on that. I believe
many of us feel the same
need for a couple of genuine
good friends. My young
(25yrs) and attractive
daughter, has the same prob-
lem, or should I say desire
to know some lovely people.
That,s living proof to me,
it,s not "an age thing" !!
It,s definately the times
we live in, life,s just one
rat race.
I wish you and Mrs.C a
magical time in Spain.

8:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home