Thursday, April 06, 2006

I'll be a granddad soon

Yes, I can now reveal that our third daughter,
B, is expecting a baby in early October. She
had her 12 week scan last week, and everything
is fine. Hurrah!
Amazingly, B has had no sickness at all so far
in the pregnancy. Mrs C had dreadful sickness
with our first, but less trouble in successive
pregnancies.
All B has had is a hugely increased appetite –
she’s taking double the quantity of butties
into work, for example, but so far she’s put
on only a small amount of weight, and still
looks very slim.
Mrs C and I are very much looking forward to
having a grandchild to see and look after from
time to time. I reckon it will be a bit like
becoming parents again - a lot of fun but
without all the hard work of being a full-time
parent.

3 Comments:

Blogger whatalotoffun said...

Congrats. I never had any sickness with my little one either. I read in a book ones that it would be better to be grandparents first and then have children you just feel much for your grandchild there is a bigger bond.
Became aunt today my hubbys sister had her first born to

10:32 am  
Blogger Mary said...

Congratulations to you and Mrs C and to B of course! Great news.

2:52 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Auntie Whatalotoffun & Mary - thanks for your kind thoughts.

6:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home