Monday, April 03, 2006

How good are women at reading maps?


I took this photo early this morning, for
a bit of fun ... I wanted to capture the
glorious morning sunlight as it came
streaming through our dining room window.
The postcard was from the art exhibition we
went to yesterday, showing a painting by
J W Tucker, called “Hikers”, painted in 1936.
It was said to promote the idea of young women
being independent and adventurous – doing
things without men in charge/taking control of
their lives.
You will see that they are reading a map, which
brings me onto the question of how well can
women read maps?
Well, according to present-day notions put
about by people like John Gray in “Men are
from Mars,“, women are said to be poor at
map-reading compared to men, their brains
being wired up differently from men as regards
spatial awareness. However, when they get lost,
they are better than men at asking someone for
help/directions.... I reckon it’s a question
of male pride really. (I don’t fit in with
the latter, as I’m usually the first to suggest
that we ask for directions if Mrs C and I get
lost).

When it comes to sex, women’s brains appear to
be wired up differently from men.

I’ve heard that women are not interested in
sex, unless they are feeling OK emotionally
in a relationship. So, if a couple have just
had a row, a woman is unlikely to feel like
having sex with her bloke ... well that seems
reasonable, doesn’t it?
Whereas men’s brains are hot-wired to their
penises – ready for sex at anytime, supposedly.
I don’t think I fit in with this theory either,
as if I’m feeling angry/sad after a row, I
don’t feel sexy at all.

1 Comments:

Blogger whatalotoffun said...

Well you said it. Men do think through there penis. I think when men are emotionally in having sex they do enjoy it more.

7:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home