Tuesday, April 11, 2006

hot pants suit


I passed by this shop window with retro outfits
for sale/hire (opposite St Andrew's Church on
Mansfield Road). It was there I spotted this
stunning outfit, which may have originated in
the late 60s. Perhaps some of you may have worn
hot pants?
Back in the 60s, I looked more nerdish than I
do now ... I used to wear quite chunky black/
brown spectacles and rather formal clothes,
though in my student days I improved my image
somewhat with a pair of salmon pink jeans/cords
(and was into Jimi Hendrix, smoking cigarettes
and partying). Nevertheless, anyone wearing sexy
clothes like the above hot pants never showed
any interest in a guy like me ... not
surprisingly.
I was always envious of people like Sean Connery
with their charm and good looks, fast cars and
fast women. Are they happy now, I wonder?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaah, for the swinging
60,s, the "now generation"
will never see anything
like that - ever !
Sorry guys, not even the
"music giants" of today
stay around long enough -
We want another Beatle era!
We want to feel the magic
again.
Robbie W, don,t take this
to heart, we love you.

7:40 am  
Blogger whatalotoffun said...

Hot pants I had a few in cupboard in my teenage days. Wont even look at them now. It is a very nice outfit

11:28 am  
Blogger steve said...

I liked hot pants and mini skirts which were no bigger than belts,but girls had to have a good pair of legs to wear them

3:08 pm  
Blogger andrea said...

Hey! What's going on! I commented on this yesterday! Nothing earth-shattering (my short-term memory is starting to go...) but I do remember having an outfit like this ... when I was 9!

5:32 pm  
Blogger Tjilpi said...

There was an interview with Sean Connery's wife Diane Cilento on the ABCs Radio National this morning. She lives in North Queensland. I'm not sure if she is ex or if they are together. I was in the shower for part of the interview but got the impression that she said Sean beat her up.
The interview is here

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/lifematters/stories/2006/1626187.htm

5:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home