Saturday, March 18, 2006

My new camera

Yippee!
Today, I’ve ordered a new camera for myself ..
the Canon Rebel 350D with a standard kit lens.
It’s an eight megapixel DSLR camera, which has
had rave reviews.

I’ve been using a couple of excellent camera
review sites... dpreview and epinions.
Mrs C encouraged me to get a camera of my own,
to take on holiday with us to Mallorca (at the
end of April). We watched a TV documentary
about the wildlife there, which was marvellous,
so I'll be using the camera a lot.

I love taking photos of people too, though
it's not so lovely for Mrs C, as I’m one of
those annoying people who takes ages to take
each shot, and then takes a few more photos of
the person ... just in case.

P.S. I’ve abandoned the Swicki, as I thought
the sidebar had too much stuff on it. (But
thanks for your help in setting it up, RN)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new camera purchase. I thought you might find these Canon 350D Flickr Groups interesting. Choose the appropiate one, and the discussion forums are interesting. To read all the previous threads click on "read all...." I've recently sprung for the $25US aprox for a pro account myself For free you get 3 'sets' (albums) and a limited monthly allowance upload. To this point my pics are largely retrospective, and am really only just getting into digital STILL photography ref: my profile. Click on 'sets' to the right, chose a 'set' and click on the thumbnails, that way you see the titles and any attached urls. Have an enjoyable holiday in April. Regards from New Zealand.

7:32 am  
Blogger justin said...

Hello edt.
Thanks for posting your comment.
I enjoyed looking at your Flickr site. I used a free one myself for a very short while, but I didn't like the layout and the limited monthly bandwidth. So I've been using free website space on our ISP, which is NTL, and on Angelfire dot com also. Blogger is good too, now they've streamlined the photo-uploading process. I'm also using a dummy Blogger site to experiment with the layout (altering the HTML coding by trial and error,as I'm new to HTML).

7:21 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

My sidebar is FAR too busy but I've got used to it. Nevertheless, I'm probably going to get rid of my swicki as I don't see much use for it.

9:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home