Saturday, February 04, 2006

What a grey day!

(I wrote this last night, but it wouldn't
upload properly into Blogger. So I'm
reposting it).

What a grey day! (Do you recall whose catch-
phrase that was?). Drizzly, grey and cold
weather. I’m really looking forward to some
warm Spring sunshine.

I spent this morning with a couple of mates,
playing electric guitar – playing a mixture
of stuff from the old days: Beatles, Dylan,
Herman & The Hermits, Route 66, and lots more.
My guitar is a fabulous Fender Strat (a bright
red Japanese copy). I’ve also got a Gordon
Smith guitar with a more mellow sound,
suitable for playing the electric blues. I’m
not a brilliant guitarist – not as good as my
mates, one of whom is a semi-professional.
We had a great time.

For lunch we had veg soup and bread rolls
(both made by me last night), followed by
some delicious grapes (from Tesco) and half
a pint of my home-brewed bitter.

Mrs C went out this morning and went round to
her mum’s nearby to make some marmalade. She
came back five hours later with a few jars of
it. Nothing quite like home-made marmalade
made with Seville oranges and lemons.

In the afternoon, I nipped into Nottingham to
the Central Library and borrowed three books:
Simon Blackburn’s “Think” – I’m about to join
a philosophy class, and this is the
recommended text for beginners; a fairly slim
paperback guide to using Dreamweaver 4 (I’ve
just upgraded from Dreamweaver 2, and I find
DW4 a lot easier to use); and how to get
started with Powerpoint 2000. Thrilling stuff.

I didn’t feel like doing some Tesco shopping
afterwards (in the Vicky Centre), as there were
long queues at the checkouts, as usual.

I spent part of this evening signing up to
Googlemail (as I’m having problems with Hotmail
and Fastmail). Moving my address lists across
as csv files was easy peasy, compared to what
I used to do, entering one address after another.

We spent the rest of the evening watching TV.
There was an excellent drama-documentary on
the deportation of female criminals from
Britain to Australia in the late 1700s. The
women were encouraged to marry the male
convicts out there already, with view to
their rehabilitation and to have children (to
establish a thriving British colony there).
And we watched “Northern Lights”, recorded
earlier this week – very good also. We’re
fans of Robson Green and Mark Benton. Oh, we
were about to switch off the TV, when “Posh
Nosh” came on, so we stayed to watch it.
Must go and agitate my teeth, now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home