Saturday, January 07, 2006

Fancy doing a personality test?

Would you like to do a personality test?
This is the sort of thing you commonly see in
women’s magazines, entlitled, “How romantic/
sexy/bossy are you?” … Mrs C and I usually
have a go at filling them in, and then
compare notes for a laugh.

Well, following on from Reluctant Nomad’s
good example, I’ve had a look at this
website, and have completed two of the
personality tests. I thought the longer
(advanced) version was easier to understand
and gave me better results.

Anyway, here are the results for you all to
see…

Extraversion ..…..... 43%
Stability .......…….... 46%
Orderliness ...…….... 56%
Accommodation …... 50%
Interdependence..... 70%
Intellectual..……….… 50%
Mystical ......... …....10%
Artistic ........……......50%
Religious ......…….....10%
Hedonism .......…….. 36%
Materialism ...…..….. 70%
Narcissism ....…..….. 56%
Adventurousness .... 30%
Work ethic .......….... 36%
Self absorbed ...….... 63%
Conflict seeking .….. 16%
Need to dominate ... 50%
Romantic .......….….. 70%
Avoidant ......…...…...50%
Anti-authority .……... 63%
Wealth ...........……... 56%
Dependency ......….. 30%
Change averse .….... 56%
Cautiousness ...….... 63%
Individuality ....….…. 50%
Sexuality ......…….…. 63%
Peter pan complex . 23%
Physical security .....70%
Histrionic .......……... 43%
Paranoia .....……...... 43%
Vanity ........……...... 43%
Hypersensitivity …... 70%
Female cliche …...... 36%

(Sorry about the above layout, but I haven't
yet worked out how to tabulate the results.)

"Stability results were medium which suggests
you are moderately relaxed, calm, secure, and
optimistic."

"Orderliness results were moderately high
which suggests you are, at times, overly
organized, reliable, neat, and hard working at
the expense of flexibility, efficiency,
spontaneity, and fun."

"Extraversion results were moderately low
which suggests you are reclusive, quiet,
unassertive, and secretive."


"trait snapshot:
changeable, in the middle, suspicious,
somewhat traditional, dislikes chaos, down to
earth, group oriented, practical... you
scored in the middle on the overall factors
of this test."

The results are fairly accurate. However, I
think of myself as being a more intellectual
person than a practical one, and I'm not very
materialistic.

I do tend to avoid conflict … I tend to “run
a mile” or look for a peaceful compromise, if
someone threatens me verbally or physically.
I am fairly orderly, but you wouldn’t think
so, if you were to look at the state of my
study … orderly piles of stuff everywhere,
i.e. a mess.

I don’t think I’m “changeable”, but as I’ve
got older I’ve become more flexible - more
helpful towards other people.

Oh, by the way, I should have a score for
nerdish behaviour .... 88%.

2 Comments:

Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

glad to see you had the 'courage' to do it after all! What do you think of the results? What does Mrs C think of them?

There are lots of other tests on that site that could be interesting to do but I've not got round to them yet.

11:17 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Thank you for your comments, RN. I'll reply in the main blog.

11:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home