Sunday, December 11, 2005

Mrs Henderson Presents

I’m full of cold at the moment, just entering
my second week of it (& feeling a bit
feverish yesterday but less so today).

It didn’t put me off going with Mrs C to the
Broadway Cinema this afternoon, to see “Mrs
Henderson Presents”. Very good if you like
musicals and seeing lots of nude women, just
posing.

I was surprised that the censors thought it
suitable for 12 year old kids to see it, (if
accompanied by an adult). However, I have to
say that I didn’t feel sexually excited in
the least (but I probably would have been if
I were actually there in the 1940s). I felt
more tearful than excited at certain dramatic
moments in the film. Very good acting,
especially from Judi Dench as Mrs H.. I
thought Will Young's singing was outstanding.

There was an interesting notice up in the
Broadway Café ..it went something like this...
“If you are fortunate to look less than 21
years of age, then don’t be surprised if a
member of staff asks for an ID card, before
they serve you alcohol”. I thought that was
more friendly and funnier than the usual
notices you see in pubs.

It's a shame in some ways that I don't look
under 21, though I've got a boyish slim body,
that I'm now pleased to have. I received one
cutting remark from a woman I knew (when I
was about 19 and was sunbathing topless)..
she said that I looked like a victim out of
Belsen. It's true that I was very skinny
and lacked a suntan at the time. However,
the future Mrs C liked my looks, I'm pleased
to say. I had lots more hair on top at the
time ... one friend likened it to a bird's
nest. It was a mass of curls. The bird's nest
has disappeared, unfortunately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home