Thursday, December 29, 2005

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Yes, Happy New Year, everyone ... hope you
all have a fantastic 2006.

Mrs C and I have spent a few days over Xmas
with our daughter and her fella in London
(South Wimbledon, to be precise).
We had a great time, but I felt odd at being
on the receiving end of all the hospitality
... a role-reversal for us, as in previous
years we'd done all the entertaining. A
sign of us getting older (and our kids also).
(I can picture in years to come, our girls
tossing coins to decide whose turn it was to
have the old gits over for Xmas).

For the Xmas dinner/lunch, we had a delicious
nut roast (a Rose Elliot recipe, which has a
lot of mushrooms and breadcrumbs in it,
making it much lighter and more enjoyable to
eat), with the usual veg, Yorkshire puds and
gravy... mmmmm.
We came back up to Nottm on Tuesday ... up
the motorways with half the nation it seemed
to me ... took us 5 hours in the car and
another hour having breaks, to get back.
Luckily it wasn't snowing very hard.

Our cats, Slayer and Miss D, were very
pleased to see us, when we got back - they've
been more affectionate than usual. They've
been well looked after by a couple of our
neighbours.
I spent today working out how to use Mrs C's
new camera (a 4mpix Canon A520 which I'm
very impressed with). Both of us have been
taking some photos with it, mainly of the
snow all around us ... and then I installed
the commputer software and made a slide-show
of the pics .. all fairly easy (and the
camera is amazingly easy to use).
Well it's way past my bed-time, so I'll sign
off there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Dude! It gladdens my heart to see you blogging effortlessly now. ;)

10:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home