Sunday, December 18, 2005

Bleak House

Wow! What a fantastic series ... Andrew
Davies’ dramatisation of Charles Dicken’s
Bleak House, that’s just finished on BBC1.
If it comes round again, or if it comes out
on DVD, then go and watch it. An amazing
production and top-quality acting.

I can’t single out any actor for particular
praise, as they were all excellent, however
I really liked the evil characters like
Smallweed, played by Phil Davis, “Shake me
up, Judy! Shake me up!”, and the lawyer
Tulkinghorn, played by Charles Dance, who
was cold and menacing.

Last night, Mrs C and I watched the closing
stages of “Strictly Come Dancing” and the “X
Factor”. Some excellent talent there, and
you could see the results of some
extremely hard work that had been put in my
the contestants...good entertainment, but I
didn’t feel any “wow” sensation with either
show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home